If you’re reading this on your own, chances are you don’t need a comment policy. Because you’re awesome, I’ve hidden a humorous Easter egg* in here for you. If you’ve been referred here, it’s probably because you’ve misbehaved, so pay attention.
(*Hint: Click links!)
My comment policy can be summed up in four words:
But just for fun, here are a few facts:
- This my house and I insist on respect. Respectful** discussion and debate are always welcome. (Tip: Read existing comments first!)
- Trolls will be deleted or toyed with (depending on my mood), banned, and may someday end up in a Troll Gallery. Trolls: Feel free to waste your energy here–I’d far prefer that than that you harass someone who gives a shit.
- Entitled dudebros who come here to tell me everything that’s wrong with feminism and “women like me” will likewise find their comments trashed without ever seeing the light of day. I’m over it.
- In fact, a couple of years of blogging has rendered me so intolerant of people who think their opinion is somehow worth more than everyone else’s that your comment may be blocked simply because you’re coming off like an asshole and I don’t have the energy to deal with you. My house, my rules.
- If you find you’ve been banned and are all sadface about it, see my complaint policy.
The following posts will give you a good idea of my philosophy in more detail. Enjoy!